Monday, August 10, 2009

saw the oncologist.................

and i really like her, she was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more informative then my old one was.
she said that over the course of my life, i will continue to have lymphnodes that get "infected" with the cancer as long as it is only one or two at a time, and i have no other symptoms of the lymphoma, we will not do chemo, we will just deal with that particular node, either by taking it out or radiateing it. So we will not be doing chemo at this time, since the surgion got the entire tumor. The reason for not doing chemo when one or two little ones pop up and i am feeling fine is this: There will come a time when it goes crazy again like it did in 06 and i will HAVE to do chemo to save my life again. SO if we do chemo everytime i have some pop up it will continusly break down my bone marrow to the point that it will not withstand the chemo when i HAVE to have it.
she explained the ct scan results to me, and i have a few small tumors in my abdomin that have been there for a while now, i knew about them, they have continued to stay the same size. so we are not worried about them. there IS a new one under my left arm pit, that we are going to keep an eye on, it is one that i will be able to feel if it grows, so if it gets big and i can feel it, then i am supposed to contact her, and we will decide what to do about it.
so for now i am going to go on living my life the same as i have the last few months, and continue to pray that it stays being good. i am glad it is ok for now, so i can focus on my mother in law, since her news was not near as good as mine:( so please pray for me and my mother in law

2 comments:

  1. Maja, you are the most courageous woman I know. I need to take a trip to OK. I would truly love to meet you. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.
    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a strong woman Maja.

    ReplyDelete